A refugee said "I cannot go back to my country because of the following points: 1. Imprisonment and Persecution 2. Torture and punishment 3. Electric torture 4. Beating with the stick on the feet (corporal punishment) 5. threatening me to be killed 6. Lack of human rights organizations which can lobby against human rights violation in the country. 7. Threatening to abuse my family members. 8. Demolition of my house. Due to all that I can’t go back".

Home Page

May 14, 2011

Syrian community in Dublin

On Thu, May 12, 2011 John Molyneux

Last night three people from the (quite small) Syrian community in Dublin came to the Irish Anti War Movement activist meeting and requested support for a protest against the repression in their country which we agreed to give.

More than 800 have been killed, more than 8000 arrested, (which means many will be being tortured). Moreover their appears to be covert complicity in this by the US and EU (they see the brutal Bashar as a force for 'stability' and I think they've had enough of peoples revolutions) . So I think its important we mobilise as much support for them as we can .

*The protest is Saturday 12 noon at The Spire. *

Please come if you possibly can. Please forward this to contacts.

Thanks

hn Molyneux
IAWM steering committee


No comments: